Thursday, April 8, 2010

belated blocks for angela.

So....You send me fabric in my favorite colors, in some of the cutest prints, you tell me to do pretty much anything and I am supposed to have it done on time? You are asking a lot out of this fabric lovin' girl. :) These fabrics sat on my ironing board for weeks...I went in to iron them, then pet them and lay them out. Then I would get online and see what you ladies came up with, then back to the studio where I would pet them again, followed by a sigh. The horror of cutting into these cutie bits overcame me, and then I would have to leave the room.

Obviously, I overcame my fear and consumed with the guilt that I was hoarding other people's fabric, I took the plunge. I love all of the blocks you ladies have made, this is going to be one seriously cool quilt! I hope you like them Angela...I left a little wiggle room for you, and they were mailed yesterday :)

p.s. Audrie is so lucky her pretty fabric is pre-cut AND has a definitive design! She may just get them on time. :)

10 comments:

  1. LOVE these!!!!! They are both like two mini quilts, thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE - thank you Erica! In my other bee, Jacquie has us making red crosses and I was wishing I had a bunch of them. Now I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double love love love! I was thinking about those red crosses the other day - I lost that link, and I was looking, looking. And now seeing this...well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty pretty! I absolutely love your blocks!
    Haha I'm going to make a note you said that Erica! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how you made these blocks. I have been admiring the red cross blocks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I anyone going to remind me the site that the original red cross quilt is posted? I am just drawing a blank...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it this one? http://www.flickr.com/photos/betty_whoosh/3503433919/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was Jacquie's inspiration: http://www.flickr.com/photos/movinghands/375217359/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  9. AACK! These blocks are both to die for. Wow. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these too! So pretty! Love how they look hanging on the line too.

    ReplyDelete