Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Flowers For Fall Directions




I thought long and hard about what I wanted to have done for my October block. It was difficult to decide because there were so many choices. In the end I chose the Dresden Plate block.  I named my blog Dresden Quilter because the Dresden Plate block is one of the first blocks I made and quilted as a wall hanging over 14 years ago. I do not however, have a Dresden Plate Quilt.


The directions for the block can be found on Oh Fransson’s tutorial.
 
I do have a few differences. My block has only 12 petals and it is slightly larger so my background fabric is cut to 18 inches. I do not mind if it is hand or machine appliquéd.  The tutorial has a few different suggestions for appliquéing the circle, and any one of those is fine with me. Neutral thread is probably best. I will be sending 15 petals so that you have a few extra to choose from. I would appreciate it if you could send the extras back.

For the signature block please use Rachel’s siggy block tutorial.
 
I am sending you a white 3 ½ square for it and I am hoping that you would be willing to use 2 scraps of your fabric that represent something about you.

Thank you so much for all of your inspiration and creativity. I am so excited to be finally having a Dresden Plate Quilt of my own!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect! And this is one block that has been on my list but I haven't tried yet.

    Can't wait to get the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! I love dresden plates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like the wider petals in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute block and that's so fun that we're helping you live up to your blog name now :)

    ReplyDelete