Monday, January 4, 2010

Hi, My Name is Rebekah




I'm Rebekah and I blog at dontcallmebecky. I started quilting after I purchased my sewing machine back in 2006. I've become a fabric collector since then and I love making quilts that are either modern or quilts that show off a particular fabric collection. I can get a little impatient with the whole sewing process, so I usually like to stick with patterns and quilts that aren't too fussy or complicated.

Preppy Quilt

You can see the rest of my quilts in the quilting section on my blog. The two books that have inspired most of my quilting have been The Modern Quilt Workshop and Denyse Schmidt Quilts. If you don't already own these books, you should definitely check them out!

Triangles in a Square Quilt

My favorite quilts are usually the one that I just finished or the one that I've been using around my house most frequently. But lately it seems that the above quilt has been getting lots of attention. I'm going to spend 2010 focusing on using my fabric collection rather than staring at it, so I wanted to start the year off by using up some of my scraps for the bee blocks instead of buying new stuff to play with. Wish me luck in keeping my goal!

doll quilt swap quilt

I'm so glad that Audrie and Julie invited me to join this group and I'm looking forward to working with all of these creative women in the next year!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you agreed to join us because I love your work! And I have both books you recommend, and I totally second that everyone ought to own them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are happy to have you!! i love the photographs of your quilts.. especially that last one.. i want to come steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your Park Slope quilt. Those are some of my favorite fabics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first and last quilts! Such great color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebekah I love your quilts. That last Denyse Schmidt one especially speaks to me. I was so excited when I got your fabric in the mail on Saturday I sat right down to play with it. Your blocks are on their way back. Here's hoping I keep up this momentum! lol.

    ReplyDelete