Thursday, January 7, 2010

signature blocks!

so signature blocks...

back when we started.. we said..

--

Signature Block

Aside from the block chosen by each member, we’d like to propose members each make a small signature block (approximately 4” finished) to send back with each finished block. The purpose of this is to make a 12-block panel (for example) that members can use for the back of their quilt as a commemoration of being a part of this bee. It is not a requirement, just an idea.

--

so.
here are a few samples of sig blocks.
made from scraps in my stash.
to show as examples.


half square triangle...

log cabin ish.

basic frame.

rail fence.

traditional.

{pens}

there are lots of options.
this was just my way to show a few.

& it is up the person that month to guide us.

so Rebekah guide us...

& if anyone has suggestions for her feel free..

5 comments:

  1. Ooo... glad I stopped here, I was going to mail my blocks tomorrow. No problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all grumpy about signature blocks right now. Mark had to work from home all morning and I missed signing up for Rachel's swap. Boo on all the snow that kept him home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest that each person make a block of their own design choice, using the fabrics the person sent (so that it matches). I think that would look cool for the back of the quilt and interesting to have several differnt designs. That's what I will ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the signature block visuals, Julie. I can't wait to dig in, but I have to attend Road to California January 13-17 before I can roll around in those great fabrics!! And I do like the integration of the "monthly sponsor" fabric - good add on...

    ReplyDelete