Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hi my name is Stephanie

I was born and raised in Bethlehem, PA. My husband and I were friends in high school, but didn't start dating until after high school. We got married and eventually had a baby boy, Jackson who will be 2 this March. Before becoming a stay at home mom, I was a florist. Creating all day was my job, so when I got pregnant and decided I would stay home with my baby, I was very worried that I wouldn't get to be creative. Well that was wrong! 2 months after my son was born (May 2008) I bought a sewing machine and have been sewing ever since! One of the first things I made was a quilt, just a small one for my son. Although, it wasn't until this past summer, when I was drooling over the beautiful quilts I had seen on a few blogs, that I had really gotten into quilting.

My main inspiration comes from fellow bloggers, and fabric alone.
I am so excited to be in the group and look forward to all the new things I might learn from all of you talented women.

3 comments:

  1. So great to learn about you... a florist! I'm quite tragic at arranging flowers. It mostly consists of 'unwrap' and 'plonk'.

    Beautiful quilts... and I love how you pose them, esp against that stone arch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that second quilt on the stone wall...the design of it is a great scrap quilt as well...might have to use that idea for a baby quilt that I have to make this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing... my mommom was a floral designer! too cool!

    ReplyDelete