Sunday, April 25, 2010

Maverick Star Quilt

Thank you all so much for contributing such lovely blocks to this quilt!

Maverick Star Charity Quilt

I received the quilt back from the long arm quilter on Tuesday and sewed the last bit of binding on last night. I wish I would have taken a "before washing/drying" picture because the quilting is so pretty (my first experience using a long armer to quilt any of my projects). She did a fun daisy pattern with some wandering loops.

Maverick Star Charity Quilt


Maverick Star Charity Quilt

The quilt ended up being 70" x 84". I binded it with a teal flowery polka dot print and used a big pink polka dot print for the backing. It's such a fun and cheery quilt!

Maverick Star Charity Quilt

Maverick Star Charity Quilt


I'm passing this quilt along to my dad tomorrow so that he can give it to his coworker for the collection of quilts. Thanks so much for your contributions! I know that the girl at Children's Village who receives this will really appreciate the quilt!

10 comments:

  1. Love the quilting, the daisy is really pretty. It really made the quilt so nice and puffy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fantastic!! don't forget to add a label with some info on who made it... i'm sure the recipient would love to know how many people contributed to making it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect! Thanks for putting it together Rebekah! This makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt Rebekah! Love the quilting.
    Nan Vancouver B.C. Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is just beautiful!!! So glad we did this! Thanks again for organising this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - it looks awesome. Some girl is really going to love it. The quilting looks wonderful - it shows up just fine in your photos. Thanks for letting us all participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so pretty! I love how the quilting looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous. Thank you for all of your work in organizing it. The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thanks so much for the opportunity to participate, Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I ask what batting you used to get that great pucker?

    ReplyDelete